How Long Does it Take to Put on Braces?
Getting braces put on takes 1-2 hours for most patients. This includes time spent cleaning and drying your teeth so the brackets can be secured. How long it takes for you may depend on the type of braces you are receiving.
The steps of having braces put on are as follows:
- The orthodontist first cleans and dries your teeth
- A special glue is applied to your teeth
- Then the brackets are attached to your teeth with the bonding glue
- The orthodontist then places the wires in the brackets
- Finally the wires are secured in place with elastic bands placed around the brackets