How to Clean Invisalign Trays
To eliminate bacteria in your Invisalign trays, you will need to include a quick cleaning of the trays in your daily hygiene routine. Try these preventative maintenance suggestions to get the best results with your Invisalign and keep your gradually straightening smile looking bright.
- The best method to clean your Invisalign trays is to purchase a cleaning kit intended specifically for the Invisalign system, such as the Invisalign Cleaning System Crystals, and follow the provided instructions.
- You may use a retainer-cleaning product, such as Retainer Brite, DentaSoak, EverSmile WhiteFoam (which will also whiten your teeth), or other trusted brands. These are meant specifically for removing the foggy, white build up that can appear on the clear trays.
- Another good option is to use a toothbrush to brush the aligners in cold water with a clear, gentle liquid soap at least once per day.
- You could also use an equal parts mixture of white distilled vinegar and lukewarm tap water to soak your Invisalign trays for 15-30 minutes. After this, gently brush your tray with a soft bristle brush, and rinse with lukewarm water.
Be sure to rinse your trays each time you remove them to prevent any saliva or plaque from drying on the trays. And always keep your Invisalign in a protective case to keep them free from outside contaminants and lessen your chances of misplacing them.
- Do not use denture cleansers.
- Do not try any abrasive cleaners or corse brushes.
- Do not brush your Invisalign Aligners with toothpaste.
- Do not soak the trays in mouthwash, specifically any that contain alcohol.