Dentist: Sterling HeightsJob Summary: Manages the oral health of patients by diagnosing and treating all aspects of their patients' general dental health.
Reports To: Owners
- Attainment of a DDS or DMD
- Licensing/Certifications: A valid license to practice dentistry in the State assigned
- Documents patient communication in their charts.
- Collects and records patient health history.
- Diagnoses oral diseases.
- Promotes oral health and disease prevention.
- Creates treatment plans to maintain or restore the oral health of their patients.
- Interprets x-rays and diagnostic tests.
- Ensures the safe administration of anesthetics.
- Monitors the growth and development of the teeth and jaws.
- Performs surgical procedures on the teeth, bone and soft tissues of the oral cavity.
- Removes decay from teeth and fills cavities.
- Repairs cracked or fractured teeth; removes teeth.
- Straightens teeth to correct bite issues.
- Places sealants or whitening agents on teeth.
- Give anesthetics to keep patients from feeling pain during procedures.
- Writes prescriptions for antibiotics or other medications.
- Examine x-rays of teeth, gums, the jaw, and nearby areas for problems.
- Makes models and measurements for dental appliances, such as dentures, to fit patients.
- Teaches patients about diet, flossing, use of fluoride and other aspects of dental care.
- Educates patients on the risks of Sleep Apnea.
- Asks for and encourages patient referrals.
- Attends and contributes to daily huddle and staff meetings.
- Bachelors of Science degree
- Completion of a Dental Degree program