Is your smile lacking that certain sparkle? You know, the kind that makes strangers crane their necks to get a closer look, and then randomly ask for a picture? Dental veneers, which are essentially custom-made shells that cover the front surface of a tooth, may be just what the dentist ordered.
If your teeth are stained, misshapen or misaligned, here’s how dental veneers can help mask the problem.
- First, we’ll remove any decay and old fillings on the tooth.
- A small amount of enamel is removed from the front of the tooth
- The shape, size and shade of the tooth are determined, and an impression of the prepared tooth is taken. The impression is then sent to a lab where the veneer is made.
- We’ll check the color, size and shape of the veneer to ensure a proper fit.
- The veneer is shaped and polished and your snazzy new veneer is complete