Is your smile lacking that certain sparkle? You know, the kind that makes strangers crane their necks to get a closer look, and then randomly ask for a picture? Dental veneers, which are essentially custom-made shells that cover the front surface of a tooth, may be just what the dentist ordered. These thin covers adhere to your teeth to restore their natural look. Giving you the knockout smile you want.
If your teeth are stained, misshapen or misaligned, here’s how dental veneers can help mask the problem.
- First, we’ll remove any decay and old fillings on the tooth.
- A small amount of enamel is removed from the front of the tooth
- The shape, size and shade of the tooth are determined, and an impression of the prepared tooth is taken. The impression is then sent to a lab where the veneer is made.
- We’ll check the color, size and shape of the veneer to ensure a proper fit.
- The veneer is shaped and polished and your snazzy new veneer is complete