Recall Coordinator – Management
Coordinates the scheduling of patients for hygiene related services both in person and on the phone, scheduling appointment times to maximize the efficiency of the office.
This position reports directly to the Communications Executive or Office Manager. In the Office Manager’s absence, the position reports to the dentist on duty.
Division 1; Communication
Part time with potential transition to full time.
- Competent in administrative and clerical procedures
- Knowledge of computers and relevant software application
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Adequate keyboard skills
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to represent the Practice in a professional manner
- Ability to take initiative to complete assigned tasks
- Reliable individual
- Ability to tolerate stressful situations
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to maintain attention to detail
- An independent worker; ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to maintain a cooperative working relationship with other staff members
- Above average customer service skills; ability to tactfully handle difficult customer service situations; ability to deal courteously and effectively with a variety of people
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ensures that hygiene appointment hours are completely filled according to daily goals, and in accordance with appointment guidelines. Assists with the scheduling of dental appointments and calls as needed.
- Follows up on all broken hygiene or doctor appointments in the Lost and Found Report.
- Coordinates the rescheduling of canceled appointments. Reschedules existing patients to fill gaps in the appointment calendar.
- Contacts scheduled patients to confirm upcoming appointments using phone, email, text, or written communications.
- Tracks patient service and cancellation statistics.
- Performs backup support for the Front Desk, Receptionist, Accounts and Appointment Scheduler positions.
- Cross trains on other positions as needed.
- Encourages and asks for patient referrals.
- Attends and contributes to daily huddle and staff meetings.